Friday, May 28, 2010

My name is Robert Koren a team member of the Slovenian Football team. My whole team is cheering my on to win the game. First our team has a paid flight to South Africa where the World Cup is being held. Specifically we are flying to Polokwane, a South African city. The Stadium that we will be playing at is called the Peter Makaba Stadium. Our first game of the Cup is going to be held on June 13th at 1:30 p.m. against Algeria. I am sure that this will not be an easily won game but I am confident that we will show the audience a game to remember. If we manage to win we will be playing against the United States of America. The hotel we will be staying at is call "Haenertsburg", we picked this one be it was the closest hotel that we could find to the stadium. I've heard that in some parts of South Africa are starting to be at their technological prime. With sky scrapers that move with the wind, building at resist environment not environment resisting them. This is much unlike my home country, Slovenia. Here most buildings are kept looking like our past culture. But South Africa is not all sky scrapers, there are still many people living in the lower class and many cities are still under development like Slovenia. If you visit us you will soon see that we are not in our technological prime. I am certain that our stay in South Africa will be a welcome and life changing event.

2 comments:

  1. It is extremely surprising to me that some parts of South Africa were more developed than Slovenia. I always pictured it as having major poverty issues. Also, I will be very interested to see the Slovenia v. U.S. game, assuming that Slovenia beats Algeria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also on the team and I am taking the same flights as you! I hope to be seeing you soon when we commence our journey. I'm sure we will do Slovenia proud and bring home a win! I also did some research into the Haenertsburg. Although we choose it for convenience, it might be the nicest hotel I've ever seen! I cannot wait to meet those in South Africa and see firsthand there infamous hospitality.

    ReplyDelete